Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Winter Holds On!

The first day of Spring was March 20. And, it really seemed that Spring had arrived in Montréal. I had already seen crocus and most of the snow was melted. How quickly that changed! On Tuesday, Winter stretched forth her frigid hand, coating the trees and bushes with a layer of ice and sprinkling snowdust all around.

After putting on my boots and layers of clothes, I went outside to take some photos. Here is a picture of the ice coating one of the trees in my neighborhood.



And here is the digital mandala I made from the photo. I call it "Winter's Last Stand." (I hope that's the last we will be seeing of snow!)




As I looked closely at this mandala, I discovered six of Winter's fairies around the center snowflake, each holding the holy seed of Spring, offering renewal and rebirth. I have enlarged the section so you can see them, too.

I LOVE making these mandalas because they always reveal shapes and identities I never expected to find.


--Vicky Lynn :o)



"Winter's Last Stand" Digital Mandala
Created using Photoshop
Copyright © 2010 by Vicky Lynn Macchione

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!